Architecture Engineering Environment
Alternative Fuels Multi-Alternative-Fueling Stations
Alpha Terra’s Alternative Fuel Station design team has experience designing a wide array of alternative fuel stations, from basic Compressed and Liquid Natural gas and electrical electric vehicle charging stations. Our staff members are well versed in the technical piping, electrical, venting, and safety requirements for alternative fueling station designs for a safer user-friendly fueling experience.
Alpha Terra has designed and overseen the construction of time (slow) fill, fast fill, electrical charge services for standalone and existing service stations. We have expanded existing stations in support of public-private partnerships, added Natural gas to existing stations. Stations we designed have been for over-the-road vehicles and passenger vehicles.
Our services include:
- Civil design incorporating topographical surveys adjusting design for flood plains. Geotechnical data was collected to support the civil and structural design of the concrete flat work, enclosure, and design of the canopy. Our drawing packages include the design of concrete equipment pads and collaboration with local utilities, confirming specific availability of gas and electricity. All fire, landscape, and irrigation services are considered.
- Electrical design compliance with national electrical and fire codes and hazardous area codes. Our designs include explosion-proof electrical systems. Components include the site feed panel, meter, main & breakers, conduits and wire, seals and control panel. The designs also include area and task lighting, placement of emergency shutdown panels, signs and fire extinguishers.
- Mechanical design addresses the extreme pressures and associated thermodynamic heating and cooling conditions associated with the change in pressures. The mechanical design included trenching, and installation of natural gas suction lines from the meter set to the dryer. Our design specified pressure tests for all installed piping which meet the fire marshal and local inspector standard.
- Contract Administration included site visits for critical inspections, facilitate construction and commissioning of the station. We prepare bid packages for the construction of the facility and aid the owner in evaluation and selection of a construction company. We conduct value engineering analysis of the design in response to bids submitted. We support commissioning of the facility.
Project Owner: Apple Towing
- USACE Experience
- Environmental Compliance Experience
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Technical specifications produced with SPECSINTACT Software using Unified Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS)
- Responses to review comments provided using Dr. Checks
ATI has been supporting federal, private sector and municipal clients for over 25 years.
My interest in the environment and sensor technology drove our initial environmental geophysics business start-up. Since then we have expanded to offer full engineering services.
I wanted to bring a strong design aesthetic to ATI's work, building on solid engineering but integrating the client program and operations.
I watched ATI grow up from the sidelines and was excited to expand the Environmental team to a full-service all hazards consultancy.
Betrece & Victoria
Our team bridges science and service by understanding the organizational challenges legacy agencies face and help them to interpret the changing regulatory landscape.